This post curates resources shared via the backchannel of the 2015 Learning Technologies Conference and Exhibition, being held January 28 – 29 in London. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel […]
This week I expected to be in London speaking at and attending the Learning Technologies Conference in London. I’ve been looking forward to the trip for a while, for a great number of reasons. And then… SNOWMAGGEDON 2015. The blizzard of 2015 was more a blizzard of hype than one of snow, at least in […]
On January 29th, I have the pleasure of speaking at the Learning Technologies Conference and Exposition. While the northeast snowstorm in the US has prevented me from attending in-person in London, we have made arrangements to have me share the session virtually. The session is titled Why Wearable Technology Will Change Learning Forever. Here’s a description of […]
Google Glass is a failure. That’s the theme that’s been fairly consistent across news reports ever since Google announced that it was shutting down it’s Explorer program effective January 19th. No new devices would be issued, and any possibility of a full consumer release of the technology was removed. In short, most of the press reports have […]
On January 16th, I had the pleasure of speaking at the ATD TechKnowledge Conference. I led a discussion titled Exploring the Learning and Performance Ecosystem. Here’s a description of the session: Workers learn constantly. The formal training they receive is just one small part of the ecosystem of resources that are available to help workers learn […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 2015 Learning Technologies Conference Backchannel: Curated Resources #LT15UK January 28, 2015
- Missed Connections… #LT15UK January 28, 2015
- Why Wearable Technology Will Change Learning Forever – Resources Shared at #LT15UK January 27, 2015
- Five Reasons #GoogleGlass is a Success January 21, 2015
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Exploring Tappestry: A Storable Social Network for Learning July 16, 2012
- Paul Signorelli: Valuable observations and insight, David. Thanks f...
- David: Great point Stephen. Labels are very powerful, and...
- Stephen Price: Very interesting topic, and interesting discussion...
- David: Thanks for the comment Candice - Happy holidays to...