Earlier tonight I learned about the passing of Kelly Smith, one of my fellow moderators for the weekly Twitter Chat #lrnchat, and a great friend to the learning and development community. I was privileged to connect with Kelly fairly regularly through the planning of each week’s #lrnchat discussion. Kelly was a great example of how […]
A few weeks ago I was lamenting with a friend about the reports of sexual harassment being applied to Louis CK. It’s always disappointing to hear about behavior like this, but it stings a bit more when it’s applied to someone you admired and respected, which was the case for both of us when it […]
People are not learning exclusively from conventional sources like courses and classrooms. In truth we never did, but there’s a growing awareness of the small percentage of learning that comes from formal means as compared to informal means. Learning is happening all the time in a multitude of different ways. More and more people are […]
It’s one thing to hear the value of something from the person selling it; it’s quite another to hear the value of something from a person actually using it. In learning and development, these people are often called champions—those who understand the value of learning programs and help promote their value across the organization. The […]
The world of training and development is being rapidly changed by the evolving world of technology. Learning professionals need to be aware of these changes and how it affects the work we do. This blog post is being set up primarily as a follow-up resource for those that attended a talk I am often asked […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The #Realities360 Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources July 1, 2018
- The 2018 ATD International Conference and Expo Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATD2018 May 6, 2018
- Saying Goodbye and Thank You to Kelly Smith of #lrnchat April 12, 2018
- The 2018 Learning Solutions Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources #LSCon March 25, 2018
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Esther: Do you have more specific suggestions on what to i...
- Ellyanna: 14 e 15 Febbraio 2009 a MATERACon IKOS si puÃ²Si...
- Nancy Giard Hawthorn: I can't attend this year so I appreciate you cura...
- Scott: This is a great list of resources! I have one to a...