I’ve been planning to write a series of blog posts centered on games I play, sharing my thoughts from both a gaming and learning perspective. I have a host of games I’d like to write about in the queue, but haven’t allocated the time to get started writing about them yet. This weekend seems like […]
Now today is April Fool’s Day. It seems like this would be a good time for all of us to explore one of the most popular pranks in the history of the internet. It’s an early version of today’s internet memes, and something that I still get hit with at least once every few weeks. […]
There’s a lot of buzz in the learning industry around Gamification. Some would argue (myself included) that the term gamification is watered-down by applying it to poor applications of gaming. I think that’s why there’s a lot of discussion around “Game-Based Learning” and how it is different than what “Gamification” seems to have become. Gamification […]
I had a conversation with an instructional designer last week, and it’s a conversation that echoes many other conversations I’ve had in recent years. She was expressing frustration about elearning quality. She has strong design skills, but doesn’t get to use them to the degree she would like. She’s works in a small training department […]
At the 2014 ASTD TechKnowledge conference, I led a discussion titled Why You Need a PLN, and How to Develop One. This blog post is being set up primarily as a follow-up resource for those that attended the session, and it may also serve as a resource for anyone that wants to learn more about PLNs. […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 2017 Learning Solutions Conference and Expo Backchannel #LSCon March 17, 2017
- Play to Learn: Where Games and Learning Meet March 9, 2017
- What’s Next for Learning & Technology – Resources Shared at #eLGuild February 15, 2017
- The 2017 Learning Technologies Conference and Expo Backchannel #LT17UK February 1, 2017
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- obie: Mike is my hero. I have the book. It's the holy g...
- Jade Kazmierski: Just a shoutout. We had Mike in for a workshop wit...
- Ed Scruton: thanks for this review David, I've also noticed p...
- David Kelly: Thanks Mike! I'll take you up on that....