A few weeks ago I wrote a post titled How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network. For me, it wasn’t all that different than any other post I’ve written. I’ve written about Personal Learning Networks (PLNs) a number of times in the past, and had a new perspective to share on the […]
The Snake Oil Salesman. Despite how dated the term is – most hypotheses on the subject estimate it first being coined in the 19th century – the phrase still conjures up a standard vision of a man in the old west, well dressed, and selling the miracle elixir that will cure whatever ails you. The […]
At the 2014 Web Conference at Penn State, I led a discussion titled Why You Need a PLN, and How to Develop One. Here’s a description of the session: People are not learning exclusively from conventional sources like courses and classrooms anymore. In truth, we never did, but there’s a growing awareness of the small […]
I just came back inside from walking my dog. It’s 24 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and WINDY. It was a highly unpleasant experience, but I got through it by repeating a warm mantra to myself. “Orlando in 5 days…. Orlando in 5 days…” In truth, the warmth is a secondary reason for me to be looking […]
At the 2014 ASTD TechKnowledge conference, I led a discussion titled Why You Need a PLN, and How to Develop One. This blog post is being set up primarily as a follow-up resource for those that attended the session, and it may also serve as a resource for anyone that wants to learn more about PLNs. […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 2017 Learning Solutions Conference and Expo Backchannel #LSCon March 17, 2017
- Play to Learn: Where Games and Learning Meet March 9, 2017
- What’s Next for Learning & Technology – Resources Shared at #eLGuild February 15, 2017
- The 2017 Learning Technologies Conference and Expo Backchannel #LT17UK February 1, 2017
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- obie: Mike is my hero. I have the book. It's the holy g...
- Jade Kazmierski: Just a shoutout. We had Mike in for a workshop wit...
- Ed Scruton: thanks for this review David, I've also noticed p...
- David Kelly: Thanks Mike! I'll take you up on that....