People are not learning exclusively from conventional sources like courses and classrooms. In truth we never did, but there’s a growing awareness of the small percentage of learning that comes from formal means as compared to informal means. Learning is happening all the time in a multitude of different ways. More and more people are […]
A few weeks ago I wrote a post titled How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network. For me, it wasn’t all that different than any other post I’ve written. I’ve written about Personal Learning Networks (PLNs) a number of times in the past, and had a new perspective to share on the […]
The Snake Oil Salesman. Despite how dated the term is – most hypotheses on the subject estimate it first being coined in the 19th century – the phrase still conjures up a standard vision of a man in the old west, well dressed, and selling the miracle elixir that will cure whatever ails you. The […]
At the 2014 Web Conference at Penn State, I led a discussion titled Why You Need a PLN, and How to Develop One. Here’s a description of the session: People are not learning exclusively from conventional sources like courses and classrooms anymore. In truth, we never did, but there’s a growing awareness of the small […]
I just came back inside from walking my dog. It’s 24 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and WINDY. It was a highly unpleasant experience, but I got through it by repeating a warm mantra to myself. “Orlando in 5 days…. Orlando in 5 days…” In truth, the warmth is a secondary reason for me to be looking […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Saying Goodbye and Thank You to Kelly Smith of #lrnchat April 12, 2018
- The 2018 Learning Solutions Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources #LSCon March 25, 2018
- The 2018 Learning Technologies Backchannel – Curated Resources #LT18UK January 31, 2018
- The 2018 ATD Techknowledge Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATDTK January 26, 2018
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Esther: Do you have more specific suggestions on what to i...
- Ellyanna: 14 e 15 Febbraio 2009 a MATERACon IKOS si puÃ²Si...
- Nancy Giard Hawthorn: I can't attend this year so I appreciate you cura...
- Scott: This is a great list of resources! I have one to a...