Last night I had the pleasure of speaking at a professional development event for the Long Island ASTD Chapter. The topic of the discussion was “Truths About Training Evaluation”. During the session, we explored the history of training evaluation, the benefits and challenges of how organizations currently evaluate training, as well as alternative ways that [...]
Resources Shared at Recent Presentations I recently had the privilege of speaking at a joint ASTD / SHRM Chapter Meeting. The topic of the evening’s discussion was The Importance of Measurement in Learning and Performance. The discussion covered a brief history of measurement of learning and performance, as well as where measurement may be going [...]
Image use courtesy of lrnchat and Kevin Thorn (@LearnNuggets) Each week that I am able to participate in #lrnchat discussion I post a summary of the discussion to my blog. I do this both for my personal development as well as sharing with the Learning and Development Profession at large. This summary is based on [...]
Language is a fascinating thing. It is the means through which we use words to communicate our thoughts and ideas and subsequently, develop relationships. Of course, used ineffectively, language can also damage the very relationships we are trying to build. It’s with that background in mind that I’ve been pondering the language we use within [...]
Earlier this week I had the pleasure of speaking with a local company’s education team on the topic is measurement in learning and performance. It was an engaging discussion, and left me thinking about my own journey towards my current definition of ‘measurement’. When I first took the lead for my former employer’s learning and [...]
Search This Site
- #mLearnCon – How to Participate in a Conference Backchannel June 13, 2013
- What Exactly IS a Backchannel? #mLearnCon June 13, 2013
- #mLearnCon 2013 Conference Backchannel: Curated Resources June 13, 2013
- Social Media and Social Learning for Learning Professionals: Resources Shared at #A2ASTD June 6, 2013
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Exploring Tappestry: A Storable Social Network for Learning July 16, 2012
- #LearningStyles ‘Awareness Day’ – March 1st, 2012 February 22, 2012
- ASTD ICE 2012 Conference Backchannel: Collected Resources #ASTD2012 May 3, 2012
- Robin Pierman: Thank you, David. We enjoyed your presentation tr...
- עמי סלנט » המיומנות של אוצרות דיגיטאלית עולה בדרגת חשיבותה במערכות חינוך בעולם: [...] Curation: Beyond the Buzzword – Resources ...
- Useful links | Rhondda's Reflections - wandering around the Web: [...] Curation: Beyond the Buzzword – Resour...
- I am Shannon Tipton and this is “How I Work” | Rebels In Learning: [...] David Kelly, inspired by a Lifehacker serie...