I think the title of this post – 6 Things I Learned at Dog Training – might be a bit misleading. Most people reading that title would understandably interpret the title as things that I learned while I was attending a training class for my dog. That’s not the case. You see, I recently had […]
I had a conversation with an instructional designer last week, and it’s a conversation that echoes many other conversations I’ve had in recent years. She was expressing frustration about elearning quality. She has strong design skills, but doesn’t get to use them to the degree she would like. She’s works in a small training department […]
This post collects the resources shared via the backchannel of the Training 2014 Conference and Exposition, being held February 3-5 in San Diego, California. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. […]
The world is rapidly evolving. I was talking with a friend from high school the other day and we were joking about how much time we spent at the library doing research or taking a class to learn something – tasks that we can often do today by simply pulling a smart phone out of […]
This post collects the resources shared via the backchannel of the Learning 2013 Conference, being held November 3-6 in Orlando, Florida. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel is […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Book Review: Curate This! by Steve Rosenbaum August 9, 2016
- Games & Learning: Pokemon Go July 11, 2016
- The Now and Next of Learning and Technology – Resources Shared at #LeapAhead June 22, 2016
- What’s Next for Learning, Technology, and Our Profession – Resources Shared at #ICELW June 14, 2016
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Buck Bard: Geocaching, Ingress, and other apps have been arou...
- Rachel Corn-Hicks: I spent the weekend playing, mostly with friends, ...
- geonz: Thanks for this article. I can't afford to get ...
- Candice Kramer: Although I have not played the game yet, I agree t...