The world is rapidly evolving. I was talking with a friend from high school the other day and we were joking about how much time we spent at the library doing research or taking a class to learn something – tasks that we can often do today by simply pulling a smart phone out of […]
This post collects the resources shared via the backchannel of the Learning 2013 Conference, being held November 3-6 in Orlando, Florida. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel is […]
The world of the learning and performance professional is rapidly evolving. Many of the “tried and true” methods of supporting worker performance are being challenged (or in some cases completely re-written) by new technology-based learning and performance solutions. It’s an exciting time to be in our field and participate in this period of change. There’s […]
Industry conferences are one of my favorite resources for professional development. They are an opportunity to step away from our day-to-day workplace responsibilities (as much as we can) and to immerse ourselves fully into our field, and our professional development. I love conferences as they give me the chance to network and share with peers, […]
ASTD’s International Conference and Exposition is right around the corner. The conference will undoubtedly feature a vibrant backchannel community that shares and expands on the knowledge being exchanged on site. It’s a tremendously valuable way for both conference attendees and non-attendees to enhance their conference-related learning. Backchannels extend learning beyond just the live event. Prior […]
Search This Site
- Dear Training, It’s Time We Saw Other People December 9, 2013
- #GoogleGlass at #DisneyWorld – An Example of Contextual Awareness December 6, 2013
- A Quick Pause for Thanks November 27, 2013
- How is Technology Redefining Training? November 5, 2013
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- #LearningStyles ‘Awareness Day’ – March 1st, 2012 February 22, 2012
- Exploring Tappestry: A Storable Social Network for Learning July 16, 2012
- ASTD ICE 2012 Conference Backchannel: Collected Resources #ASTD2012 May 3, 2012
- Gary Wise: David, does this mean you're "performing" aroun...
- Ara ohanian: David, thanks for another pre-conference teaser. I...
- Dan Steer: Hi David, I wrote a short post for ASTD lately w...
- Project Sharing: A Great Source of Learning | David Kelly | Modest Media: […] See on davidkelly.me […]...