I had a conversation with an instructional designer last week, and it’s a conversation that echoes many other conversations I’ve had in recent years. She was expressing frustration about elearning quality. She has strong design skills, but doesn’t get to use them to the degree she would like. She’s works in a small training department […]
This post collects the resources shared via the backchannel of the Training 2014 Conference and Exposition, being held February 3-5 in San Diego, California. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. […]
The world is rapidly evolving. I was talking with a friend from high school the other day and we were joking about how much time we spent at the library doing research or taking a class to learn something – tasks that we can often do today by simply pulling a smart phone out of […]
This post collects the resources shared via the backchannel of the Learning 2013 Conference, being held November 3-6 in Orlando, Florida. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel is […]
The world of the learning and performance professional is rapidly evolving. Many of the “tried and true” methods of supporting worker performance are being challenged (or in some cases completely re-written) by new technology-based learning and performance solutions. It’s an exciting time to be in our field and participate in this period of change. There’s […]
Search This Site
- Robot Turtles: Game-Based Learning at it’s Finest March 5, 2014
- Video: #GoogleGlass – The Experience, the Reaction, the Possibilities February 21, 2014
- Quality Learning is about Culture First, then Design February 20, 2014
- Training 2014 Conference Backchannel: Curated Resources #trg14 February 3, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- #LearningStyles ‘Awareness Day’ – March 1st, 2012 February 22, 2012
- Exploring Tappestry: A Storable Social Network for Learning July 16, 2012
- ASTD ICE 2012 Conference Backchannel: Collected Resources #ASTD2012 May 3, 2012
- LnDDave: I agree. Conversation is the first step in steppin...
- tanyalau: Hi David - thanks for this post. I've encountered...
- LnDDave: Are page-turners bad? That's a great question, an...
- urbie delgado: Sure, culture is important. But it takes time and ...