It was October 7th 2010. I was sitting at home, in front of my computer, about to click the ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’ button on Blogger.com, and found myself hesitating. Earlier in the week, during a discussion about blogging in the weekly #lrnchat chat on Twitter, I had publicly stated “That’s it, I’m going to start my […]
Last week I participated in a webcast featuring Jay Cross (@jaycross). During the chat, Jay told the story of two Army Generals who got together for drinks daily and discussed the stories of their day. At one point, they realized that others would benefit from hearing their stories as well, and a blog was born. […]
In a previous posting I discussed way to learn from the DevLearn10 conference via the backchannel. I shared a couple of approaches that work for me, but I forgot one very important technique that can be very effective: Let someone else do the work for you! In the spirit of that technique, here are some […]
Each week that I am able to participate in #lrnchat discussion I post a summary of the discussion to my blog. I do this both for my personal development as well as sharing with the Learning and Development Profession at large. This summary is based on my own interpretations of the chat; others who participated […]
Last month I wrote a post about extracting learning from a conference you are not attending. In it I explored a number of ways that non-attendees can learn a great deal, even without attending a conference. This week, I put much of those theories to practice, following the backchannel for the DevLearn10 conference. This blog […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 2018 #DevLearn Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources October 18, 2018
- The #Realities360 Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources July 1, 2018
- The 2018 ATD International Conference and Expo Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATD2018 May 6, 2018
- Saying Goodbye and Thank You to Kelly Smith of #lrnchat April 12, 2018
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Esther: Do you have more specific suggestions on what to i...
- Ellyanna: 14 e 15 Febbraio 2009 a MATERACon IKOS si puÃ²Si...
- Nancy Giard Hawthorn: I can't attend this year so I appreciate you cura...
- Scott: This is a great list of resources! I have one to a...