Last night I had the pleasure of speaking at a professional development event for the Long Island ASTD Chapter. The topic of the discussion was “Truths About Training Evaluation”. During the session, we explored the history of training evaluation, the benefits and challenges of how organizations currently evaluate training, as well as alternative ways that […]
Resources Shared at Recent Presentations I recently had the privilege of speaking at a joint ASTD / SHRM Chapter Meeting. The topic of the evening’s discussion was The Importance of Measurement in Learning and Performance. The discussion covered a brief history of measurement of learning and performance, as well as where measurement may be going […]
Image use courtesy of lrnchat and Kevin Thorn (@LearnNuggets) Each week that I am able to participate in #lrnchat discussion I post a summary of the discussion to my blog. I do this both for my personal development as well as sharing with the Learning and Development Profession at large. This summary is based on […]
Language is a fascinating thing. It is the means through which we use words to communicate our thoughts and ideas and subsequently, develop relationships. Of course, used ineffectively, language can also damage the very relationships we are trying to build. It’s with that background in mind that I’ve been pondering the language we use within […]
Earlier this week I had the pleasure of speaking with a local company’s education team on the topic is measurement in learning and performance. It was an engaging discussion, and left me thinking about my own journey towards my current definition of ‘measurement’. When I first took the lead for my former employer’s learning and […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 2018 #DevLearn Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources October 18, 2018
- The #Realities360 Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources July 1, 2018
- The 2018 ATD International Conference and Expo Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATD2018 May 6, 2018
- Saying Goodbye and Thank You to Kelly Smith of #lrnchat April 12, 2018
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Esther: Do you have more specific suggestions on what to i...
- Ellyanna: 14 e 15 Febbraio 2009 a MATERACon IKOS si puÃ²Si...
- Nancy Giard Hawthorn: I can't attend this year so I appreciate you cura...
- Scott: This is a great list of resources! I have one to a...