Each week that I am able to participate in #lrnchat discussion I post a summary of the discussion to my blog. I do this both for my personal development as well as sharing with the Learning and Development Profession at large. This summary is based on my own interpretations of the chat; others who participated […]
Reflections on #lrnchat – Learning in the Workflow
There’s no such thing as a one-person training department
By David on October 19, 2010 in Uncategorized
I have worked as a training director in two companies. In my previous role, I managed a group of 13 trainers and instructional designers. In my current role, I am what many would call a “department of one“. I never really cared for that label, as it almost seemed to imply “There’s only so much […]
Lessons Learned from the ASTD Chapter Leaders Conference – Part 2
By David on October 15, 2010 in Conference, Twitter
The first day of the ASTD Chapter Leaders Conference was great. The sessions were informative, I was able to network with new and existing friends and peers, and I ended my day with a pretty extensive action plan for my chapter. Of course, like most conferences, the marathon day was a little tiring, and I […]
← Previous 1 … 69 70
Search This Site
About this blog
The views expressed on this website are exclusively those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the author's employer, parents, siblings, friends, casual acquaintances, dogs, gardeners, babysitters, the Barista at Starbucks with all those piercings... or anyone else. Enjoy!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The #ATD2019 Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources May 21, 2019
- The 2018 #DevLearn Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources October 18, 2018
- The #Realities360 Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources July 1, 2018
- The 2018 ATD International Conference and Expo Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATD2018 May 6, 2018
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Esther: Do you have more specific suggestions on what to i...
- Ellyanna: 14 e 15 Febbraio 2009 a MATERACon IKOS si puÃ²Si...
- Nancy Giard Hawthorn: I can't attend this year so I appreciate you cura...
- Scott: This is a great list of resources! I have one to a...
#lrnchat #realwplearn ASTD ASTD Chapters ATD backchannel Blog CLO Symposium Conference curating curation DevLearn ecosystem elearning elearning guild Games Glass Google Google Glass Informal Learning Learning and Performance Ecosystem Learning Solutions Learning Technologies mlearncon mobile Mobile Learning MOOC Performance performance support Personal Learning Network PLN resources ROE ROI Social Social Learning Social Media TechKnowledge Technology Training Training Magazine Twitter twitter chat wearable technology