When I was in college, I recall my professors having “Office Hours”. This was a scheduled time that you could expect the professor to be in his or her office, available to provide whatever assistance a student might need. You didn’t need an appointment; there was just an expectation that the professor would be there and that students were welcome to stop by.
I’ve decided to adapt the Open Office Hours concept (via a Google+ Hangout) this Thursday, July 11th, from 1pm to 3pm EST. Details of the Hangout can be found HERE.
One of the reasons I am holding Open Office Hours is to provide anyone interested in submitting a proposal to speak at the 2014 Learning Solutions Conference and Expo with an opportunity to ask questions about the process, such as questions about the proposal submission process or the types of sessions we are looking for. However, there’s no set agenda for the hangout. Feel free to drop by with any questions or comments you may have about any eLearning Guild event or resource, including:
- Face-2-Face Conferences, including DevLearn, Learning Solutions, mLearnCon, and The Performance Support Symposium
- Online Forums and Thought Leader Webinars
- Learning Solutions Magazine
- The eLearning Guild Research Reports
- The eLearning Guild Membership Benefits
- The eLearning Guild Academy
- Anything else you may want to talk about
The Office Hours hangout will be open for two hours, so feel free to stop in at any point with your questions and/or comments. As a reminder, the Call for Proposals for the 2014 Learning Solutions Conference and Expo is now open and closes on Friday July 19th.