This post curates resources shared via the backchannel of the Learning 2014 Conference, being held October 26 – 29 in Orlando, Florida. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel is an […]
We’re just a few days from one of my favorite events of the year – the DevLearn Conference and Expo, being held at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. I’ve been a fan of the conference for a long time, and working with the team that helps build the conference makes it even more special […]
This post curates resources shared via the backchannel of the 2014 DevLearn Conference and Expo, being held October 29 – 31 in Las Vegas. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel is […]
I recently read a great article by Clay Shirky “Why Clay Shirky Banned Laptops, Tablets and Phones from His Classroom“. It’s an interesting read, one I highly recommend that all individuals with classroom teaching / training responsibilities engage in. Emphasis on the word “engage” in that sentence. While I found Shirky’s article interesting, what I […]
Sometimes the world seems to synchronize around an idea and topic. It permeates into conversations you have, articles you read, and other parts of your life. For whatever reason, sometimes topics just seem more front-and -center in our lives. For me, that topic over the last few weeks has been consistently appearing is personal social […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Learning 2014 Conference Backchannel: Curated Resources October 28, 2014
- Connect with Me at #DevLearn October 24, 2014
- The 2014 #DevLearn Conference Backchannel: Curated Resources October 15, 2014
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- #LearningStyles ‘Awareness Day’ – March 1st, 2012 February 22, 2012
- Exploring Tappestry: A Storable Social Network for Learning July 16, 2012
- Judy Albers: Seriously? You put the IGNITE session at the same ...
- Ryan Tracey: Dave, I agree that all this has much less to do wi...
- Joseph Gliddon: I felt that Clay Shirky made some valid points - t...
- David: Absolutely. While banning tech would eliminate the...