This post curates resources shared via the backchannel of the 2014 DevLearn Conference and Expo, being held October 29 – 31 in Las Vegas. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel is […]
I recently read a great article by Clay Shirky “Why Clay Shirky Banned Laptops, Tablets and Phones from His Classroom“. It’s an interesting read, one I highly recommend that all individuals with classroom teaching / training responsibilities engage in. Emphasis on the word “engage” in that sentence. While I found Shirky’s article interesting, what I […]
Sometimes the world seems to synchronize around an idea and topic. It permeates into conversations you have, articles you read, and other parts of your life. For whatever reason, sometimes topics just seem more front-and -center in our lives. For me, that topic over the last few weeks has been consistently appearing is personal social […]
This post curates resources shared via the backchannel of the 2014 Online Learning Conference, being held September 22 – 25 in Chicago. I am a huge proponent of backchannel learning. There are many conferences I would love to be able to attend, but most people can only accommodate one or two each year. The backchannel is an excellent […]
Earlier today I conducted an interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson in relation to his upcoming keynote at the DevLearn Conference and Expo. I conducted the interview by phone and recorded the conversation so I could capture the conversation and transcribe it later on. This is the first time I have conducted a formal interview with […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 2014 #DevLearn Conference Backchannel: Curated Resources October 15, 2014
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Personal Social Media Strategy: What NOT to Do September 25, 2014
- The 2014 Online Learning Conference Backchannel: Curated Resources #OLC14 September 24, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Exploring Tappestry: A Storable Social Network for Learning July 16, 2012
- #LearningStyles ‘Awareness Day’ – March 1st, 2012 February 22, 2012
- David: Absolutely. While banning tech would eliminate the...
- David: Thanks for sharing Tricia!...
- David: "It's all just part of life". Exactly. and we n...
- David: Share away Meaghan - and thanks!...