March 1st, 2012 was unofficially set as Learning Styles ‘Awareness’ Day. This day was organized with the intent of sharing research and information about what Learning Styles are, and more importantly are not, and how they are being out into practice. There are a number of practitioners who apply learning styles theories in ways that […]
Let’s get this out of the way quickly. I don’t believe there’s value in designing learning experiences to cater to individual learning styles. Please keep reading anyway, especially if you disagree with that statement. This post is less about my conclusion and more about the journey I took to reach it. I’ve heard about learning […]
Last week I wrote a post entitled “#LearningStyles ‘Awareness’ Day – March 1st, 2012“. Since then, I’ve received an influx of inquiries and activity related to the post. There were a couple of common questions – especially about how to participate – so I am providing this post to add some clarity to the day. […]
Learning Styles. The very utterance of those two words is often enough to set off a debate among learning professionals. Many will attack it fully as a myth and something that needs to be removed from the vocabulary of those in the field. Others see merit in the concept and enjoy applying it in their […]
People are not learning exclusively from conventional sources like courses and classrooms. In truth we never did, but there’s a growing awareness of the small percentage of learning that comes from formal means as compared to informal means. Learning is happening all the time in a multitude of different ways. More and more people are […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The #ATD2019 Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources May 21, 2019
- The 2018 #DevLearn Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources October 18, 2018
- The #Realities360 Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources July 1, 2018
- The 2018 ATD International Conference and Expo Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATD2018 May 6, 2018
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Esther: Do you have more specific suggestions on what to i...
- Ellyanna: 14 e 15 Febbraio 2009 a MATERACon IKOS si puÃ²Si...
- Nancy Giard Hawthorn: I can't attend this year so I appreciate you cura...
- Scott: This is a great list of resources! I have one to a...