Google Glass is a failure. That’s the theme that’s been fairly consistent across news reports ever since Google announced that it was shutting down it’s Explorer program effective January 19th. No new devices would be issued, and any possibility of a full consumer release of the technology was removed. In short, most of the press reports have […]
At the 2014 Learning Solutions Conference and Exposition, I led a discussion titled Google Glass: The Experience, The Reaction, and the Possibilities. Here’s a description of the session: From the first desktop PCs to today’s cutting edge smartphones, technology has a history of fundamentally changing the expectations of learning and development programs. We are now on […]
I just came back inside from walking my dog. It’s 24 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and WINDY. It was a highly unpleasant experience, but I got through it by repeating a warm mantra to myself. “Orlando in 5 days…. Orlando in 5 days…” In truth, the warmth is a secondary reason for me to be looking […]
Last month I had the pleasure of speaking at the Learning Technologies Conference and Expo in London. The topic of my session was Google Glass, specifically exploring what the experience of wearing Glass is like, how others react to Glass, and most importantly, what the potential use cases are for learning and performance support. A […]
Last month I spent some time on vacation with my family in Walt Disney World. I spent most of the week wearing my Google Glass. Wearing Glass is still not a completely natural part of my normal daily routine. Don’t get me wrong; as I’ve written in other posts, wearing Glass is feels completely natural […]
Search This Site
About this blog
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 2018 ATD International Conference and Expo Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATD2018 May 6, 2018
- Saying Goodbye and Thank You to Kelly Smith of #lrnchat April 12, 2018
- The 2018 Learning Solutions Conference Backchannel – Curated Resources #LSCon March 25, 2018
- The 2018 Learning Technologies Backchannel – Curated Resources #LT18UK January 31, 2018
- How to Recognize Snake Oil in Your Personal Learning Network November 17, 2014
- Judgement in a Vacuum April 10, 2014
- What Do People *Really* Think About That Course You’ve Designed? January 22, 2013
- Why Technology Belongs in a Classroom October 8, 2014
- Esther: Do you have more specific suggestions on what to i...
- Ellyanna: 14 e 15 Febbraio 2009 a MATERACon IKOS si puÃ²Si...
- Nancy Giard Hawthorn: I can't attend this year so I appreciate you cura...
- Scott: This is a great list of resources! I have one to a...